Intel CEO Bob Swan Took Personal Responsibility For The Failures In The Transition To The 7-Nanometer Process
Intel CEO Bob Swan took personal responsibility for the delay in the transition to the 7-nanometer process was acknowledged, according to his interview with CNBC.
On July 23, the American company Intel presented its financial statements. The published documents say that the new Intel processors, manufactured by the 7-nm process, will be released six months later than previously planned.
Thus, computers with 7-nm processors from Intel will not be available for sale until the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023. Meanwhile, Intel's main competitor, AMD, already supplies manufacturers with 7-nanometer chips for personal computers and gaming devices. After the publication of this report, Intel shares fell by 17.1% on July 24.
"Ultimately I'm responsible. So it's my job to ensure that every year we can deliver a cadence of leadership products for our customers they can count on," admitted Intel CEO Robert Swan.
He also commented on the recent statement of Apple's management about phasing out Intel processors. Swan said that Apple would remain an important customer of the Corporation for at least the next two years.
In July, Intel said that some of the company's new chips, including GPUs with the working name of Ponte Vecchio, will be produced under contract at third-party factories.