Hot topics | Coronavirus pandemic

FiveThirtyEight: Biden's Chances Of Defeating Trump In The Presidential Race Are High

FiveThirtyEight: Biden's Chances Of Defeating Trump In The Presidential Race Are High

The Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden can win over the current us President Donald Trump with a 71% probability, the Internet portal FiveThirtyEight reported.

According to the site's forecast, Trump has just a 29% chance of winning the 2020 presidential election. However, it is noted that the current President is still able to get around his opponent.

"Even though it is obvious that Biden is easily ahead of trump both at the national level and in several States, according to forecasts, trump has a significant chance to win, because there is still a lot of time to activate the race," FiveThirtyEight said in a statement.

"But wait! Should we trust surveys at all?" the site asks. He cites the example of the 2016 election when the Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was leading in the polls. Then FiveThirtyEight gave her a 71.4% chance of winning, and Trump - 28.6%.

At the same time, it is noted that Biden still gained more support than Clinton in 2016.

According to the British publication, The Independent, many analysts and public opinion researchers predict that the next US President will be Joe Biden. At the same time, the chances of Trump's re-election, however, are high.

"We are going to hold elections on November 3, and the President will win," white house chief of staff mark meadows told CBS earlier this month.

According to the media, the forecast provided by the website FiveThirtyEight was the first since Biden announced the choice of Senator Kamala Harris for the post of Vice President of the country if he wins. Thus, Biden fulfilled his promise to choose a female candidate.

Later in August, both candidates are expected to be approved at a Party Congress.

Harris is 55 years old; her father is from Jamaica; her mother is from India. Harris, a Senator from the state of California. She participated in the Democratic party primaries, but after success at the start quickly lost popularity and withdrew from the presidential race.

Harris's candidacy for the post of Vice President, according to American experts, is logical and safe. During the primaries, she tried to find a balance between the positions of moderate Democrats and the ultra-left part of the party. At the same time, as noted by Western media, in the end, Harris did not suit either of them and withdrew from the fight. However, it is assumed that if she is nominated for the post of Vice President, she will not cause resentment among moderate Democrats or supporters of more radical left-wing ideas.