Peskov Called False Reports About Russia Paying The Taliban For Attacks On The US Military In Afghanistan
Information that the Russian special services paid a representative of the extremist Taliban movement for attacks on the US military in Afghanistan is not true, said Dmitry Peskov, the press Secretary of the head of state.
"These claims are false," Peskov told reporters.
"If in the United States of America special services continue to be accountable to the President, then I suggest focusing on the relevant statement of President Trump, who has already evaluated these publications," he added.
The press Secretary of the President of the Russian Federation expressed regret that "once the largest, respected and high-class world media in recent years do not disdain to publish absolute "ducks," which does not contribute to the continuation of their high reputation and prestige."
The New York Times previously reported, citing unnamed us officials, that Russian military intelligence offered the Taliban rewards for attacks on US troops in Afghanistan. According to the publication, this happened amid negotiations on a peaceful settlement of the Afghan conflict.
The authors of the article claim that US President Donald Trump was reported on these intelligence findings in March 2020, but he has not yet decided how to respond. The Washington Post published similar information. According to her, as a result of "collusion," several American servicemen were killed.
On Sunday, Trump tweeted that "no one provided information or told me, Vice President Pence or chief of staff Mark Meadows about the so-called attacks on our troops in Afghanistan by the Russians, as reported by this fake media outlet, the New York Times, with reference to "anonymous sources."