OTT platforms are no less than a blessing for those who like to watch movies or shows. Whether it is a newly released or old OTT platform, it never fails to appeal to its viewers. They provide entertainment to everyone around the globe by covering preferences. Here is the list of the 20 best romantic movies on Hulu.
The OTT platform has a wide range of movies and series to suit everyone. Among these genres, the romantic genre may be considered the most popular one. Romantic films provide a community to fall in love. It also helps to regain the affection and affection.
In some or other ways, romantic film characters and statements show how well one may fall in love. Along with that, it also demonstrates the feud and guilt of an individual to return love.
20.How Stella Got Her Groove Back
- Director : Kevin Rodney Sullivan
- Writers : Terry McMillan and Ron Bass
- Cast : Angela Bassett as Stella Payne, Taye Diggs as Winston Shakespeare, Whoopi Goldberg as Delilah Abraham, Regina King as Vanessa, Suzzanne Douglas as Angela, Michael J. Pagan as Quincy Payne, Sicily as Chantel, Richard Lawson as Jack
- IMDb Ratings : 5.6/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 50%
Stella, a Stockbroker, is filmed and stars in the film. Because of her hectic schedule and business, she had never realized that she is forgetting to live a happy life. However, her visit to Jamaica helped her to recover her beautiful and sprightly life. After discovering a man and fell in love, she was happy and happy.
- Director : Rashaad Ernesto Green
- Writers : Rashaad Ernesto Green and Zora Howard
- Cast : John Karna as Rob Crabbe, Katie Findlay as Gabrielle, Craig Roberts as Stanley, Carlson Young as Angelaz, Adam Riegler as Arthur, Alan Tudyk as Jack Roth, Brian Huskey as Principal Hansen, Jonathan Kleitman as Uzy
- IMDb Ratings : 6.5/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 93%
Premature, a romantic thriller, is about a teen. In the whole film, he is stuck in a sexual cycle in which he had to lose his virginity again and again. The film demonstrates his commitment to his life and fantasies.
- Director : Jeff Nichols
- Writers : Jeff Nichols
- Cast : Ruth Negga as Mildred, Joel Edgerton as Richard Loving, Michael Shannon as Grey Villet, Nick Kroll as Bernie Cohen
- IMDb Ratings : 7/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 88%
The film is set in the background of 1958. The main characters in the film are Richard and Mildred Loving. However, the amazing life of this couple came to an end when they were found out of their own house. After consolidating their roots, they moved toward the higher authorities.
17.My Best Friends Wedding
- Director : P.J. Hogan
- Writers : Ronald Bass
- Cast : Julia Roberts as Julianne Potter, Dermot Mulroney as Michael ONeal, Cameron Diaz as Kimmy Wallace, Rupert Everett as George Downes, Philip Bosco as Walter Wallace, M. Emmet Walsh as Joe ONeal
- IMDb Ratings : 6.3/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 73%
Julianne is a young lady who goes wedding with the romantic feelings of Julianne about her best friend Michael who was going to get married. She also made her mind feel very connected to Michael by any means.
16.50 First Dates
- Director : Peter Segal
- Writers : George Wing
- Cast : Adam Sandler as Henry Roth, Drew Barrymore as Lucy Whitmore, Rob Schneider as Ula, Sean Astin as Doug Whitmore, Blake Clark as Marlin Whitmore, Lusia Strus as Alexa, Dan Aykroyd as Dr. Joseph Keats
- IMDb Ratings : 6.8/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 45%
Henry and Lucy play in this romantic film. Henry-in-chief Henry tried to bring her back her girlfriend Lucy after suffering a short-term memory loss. Henry performed all sorts of work and events to depict her in Lucy''s heart''s empty canvas.
The Best Family Movies on Amazon Prime To Watch Tonight
- Director : Julian Jarrold
- Writers : Kevin Hood and Sarah Williams
- Cast : Anne Hathaway as Jane Austen, James McAvoy as Thomas Lefroy, Julie Walters as Mrs. Austen, James Cromwell as Reverend George Austen, Maggie Smith as Lady Gresham, Lucy Cohu as Eliza, Laurence Fox as Mr Wisley, Joe Anderson as Henry Austen
- IMDb Ratings : 7/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 58%
Becoming Jane has a deep sense of affection, romance, and an urge to be together. The film''s focus is on Jane who fell in love with an Irishman named Tom. It reveals many things and perspectives of individuals about love.
14.The Sun Is Also A Star
- Director : Ry Russo-Young
- Writers : Tracy Oliver
- Cast : Yara Shahidi as Natasha Kingsley, Hill Harper as Lester Barnes, Charles Melton as Daniel Jae Ho Bae, Gbenga Akinnagbe as Samuel Kingsley, Jake Choi as Charles Bae, John Leguizamo as Jeremy Martinez, Anais Lee as Young Natasha
- IMDb Ratings : 5.9/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 52%
Sometimes nobody needs a person to be the devil of their lives. Sometimes their destiny is enough to do so bad things. The story depicts the love tale of Natasha and Daniel who confront unavoidable situations to be with each other. However, the film shows how both of them battle with their destiny to gain love.
13.If Beale Street Could Talk
- Director : Barry Jenkins
- Writers : James Baldwin
- Cast : KiKi Layne as Clementine, Milanni Mines as Young Tish, Stephan James as Alonzo Hunt, Ethan Barrett as Young Fonny, Regina King as Sharon Rivers, Brian Tyree Henry as Daniel Carty
- IMDb Ratings : 7.1/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 95%
Tish and Fonny are married in a film that is about their childhood dreams. However, an obstacle came upon Fonny''s marriage to be falsely accused of rape. Tish, however, took a greater step to prove her lovers'' innocence.
- Director : Michael Mailer
- Writers : John Buffalo Mailer
- Cast : Alec Baldwin, Demi Moore, Dylan McDermott, Viva Bianca, James McCaffrey, Eden Epstein, John Buffalo Mailer, Stephen Presidio
- IMDb Ratings : 5.7/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 19%
Suzanne gets to know a visually impaired person named Bill. Her communication with Bill became so strong that Suzanne was not able to stop her from being attracted to him. However, her feelings increased when he gets to know her husbands affair.
- Director : Roger Michell
- Writers : Richard Curtis
- Cast : Julia Roberts, Hugh Grant, Hugh Bonneville, Emma Chambers, James Dreyfus, Rhys Ifans, Tim McInnerny, Gina McKee
- IMDb Ratings : 7.2/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 83%
The text demonstrates how a person''s social status can be the greatest obstacle to becoming a lover. However, the concept is based on William, a British bookeller, and Anna, an American actress who fell for each other, but their social status prevented them from starting a new life.
Read More: Right Now, Watch The Best Action Films on Hulu
- Director : Catherine Hardwicke
- Writers : Melissa Rosenberg
- Cast : Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan, Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen, Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen, Elizabeth Reaser as Esme Cullen, Ashley Greene as Alice Cullen, Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen, Nikki Reed as Rosalie Hale
- IMDb Ratings : 5.3/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 49%
Bella Swan met Edward Cullen, who appears to be infected when she moved to Forks, Washington, but later discovered that Edward is a vampire.
9.Water for Elephants
- Director : Francis Lawrence
- Writers : Richard LaGravenese
- Cast : Reese Witherspoon as Marlena Rosenbluth, Robert Pattinson as Jacob Jankowski, Tai as Rosie, the elephant, James Frain as Rosies caretaker, Paul Schneider as Charlie OBrien
- IMDb Ratings : 6.9/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 60%
The main characters in the film are Jacob and Marlena. After the death of Jacobs parents, he joined a circus as a vet. He was an adept performer who always overpowered everyone, even his wife, Marlena. This effort of his boss forced Jacob to come to know Marlena, which leads to a bond.
8.The Truth About Cats & Dogs
- Director : Michael Lehmann
- Writers : Audrey Wells
- Cast : Uma Thurman as Noelle Slusarsky, Janeane Garofalo as Abby Barnes, Ben Chaplin as Brian, Jamie Foxx as Ed, James McCaffrey as Roy, Richard Coca as Eric, Stanley DeSantis as Mario
- IMDb Ratings : 6.3/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 85%
This film is based on a romantic comedy genre. The story begins when Abby, who is a radio jockey, sends his friend, Noelle, on a blind date with Brian. The brain is one of Abby''s radio callers.
- Director : Drake Doremus
- Writers : Drake Doremus and Ben York Jones
- Cast : Anton Yelchin as Jacob Helm, Felicity Jones as Anna Gardner, Jennifer Lawrence as Samantha, Charlie Bewley as Simon, Finola Hughes as Liz, Oliver Muirhead as Bernard Gardner, Alex Kingston as Jackie Gardner
- IMDb Ratings : 6.6/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 72%
This movie revolves around a long-distance relationship. The story of the movie focuses on an American boy and a British girl. Destiny tested their love when an immigration problem arose, and they had to move away.
6.Portrait of a Lady on Fire
- Director : Celine Sciamma
- Writers : Celine Sciamma
- Cast : Noemie Merlant as Marianne, Adele Haenel as Heloise, Luana Bajrami as Sophie, Valeria Golino as The Countess
- IMDb Ratings : 8.1/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 98%
The film''s genesis is based in the background of 1770 in France. Unlike Marianne, a painter has been charged with painting a wedding portrait of Heloise. Nevertheless, Marianne observes her precisely to produce a beautiful painting.
Read More: Hulu''s Best Sci-Fi Films You Should Watch
- Director : Luke Greenfield
- Writers : Emily Giffin
- Cast : Ginnifer Goodwin as Rachel, Kate Hudson as Darcy, Peyton List as young Darcy, Colin Egglesfield as Dex, John Krasinski as Ethan, Steve Howey as Marcus, Ashley Williams as Claire
- IMDb Ratings : 5.8/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 15%
Rachel, Dex, and Darcy love a lot during this film. Rachel used to like Dex from her school days, but did not dare to express her admiration. However, after she realized that her best friend Darcy would marry him, she decided to manifest her love for Ded.
4.No Strings Attached
- Director : Ivan Reitman
- Writers : Elizabeth Meriwether
- Cast : Natalie Portman, Ashton Kutcher, Cary Elwes, Kevin Kline
- IMDb Ratings : 6.2/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 48%
The title of the drama demonstrates how a casual love manifested to be a serious one. Adam and Emma are the main characters in the drama. In the following episode, he became engaged with Emma with a variety of terms and conditions. However, the friction arises when they fall for each other.
3.The Bridges of Madison County
- Director : Clint Eastwood
- Writers : Robert James Waller
- Cast : Clint Eastwood as Robert Kincaid, Meryl Streep as Francesca Johnson, Annie Corley as Carolyn Johnson, Sarah Kathryn Schmitt as young Carolyn, Victor Slezak as Michael Johnson
- IMDb Ratings : 7.6/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 90%
Francesca is the one around whom the entire movie is running. When she met Robert who was new to town, she ended her married life. This was short-term but it ruined Francescas''s life.
2.Love After Love
- Director : Russell Harbaugh
- Writers : Russell Harbaugh and Eric Mendelsohn
- Cast : Chris ODowd as Nicholas, Andie MacDowell as Suzanne, James Adomian as Chris, Juliet Rylance as Rebecca, Dree Hemingway as Emilie
- IMDb Ratings : 5.5/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 86%
The film demonstrates how a mother and her two sons try to become emotionally attached following the tragic death of their patriarch. It reveals a well-established story of affection and feelings.
1.Already Tomorrow in Hong Kong
- Director : Luke Greenfield
- Writers : Emily Giffin
- Cast : Jamie Chung as Ruby Lin, Bryan Greenberg as Josh Rosenberg, Richard Ng as Fortune Teller, Sarah Lian as Monica
- IMDb Ratings : 6.4/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 74%
A British man and a Chinese woman are met in a romantic relationship in Hong Kong. After that he met Ruby and fell in love with her.
The Big Fat Greek Wedding and Sweet Home Alabama are among the best romance movies on Hulu of all time. Besides these, many dramas have been adapted from a novel of the same name as the movie. It is not necessary that any drama will culminate with a happy ending or will be of classic romance. Love and romance are an emotional element that makes a heart smile just like a romantic drama.
Watch More: Right Now, Here Are The Best Hulu Movies