The final Fantasy XIV has dealt with the kind of problem that most MMORPGs cannot only dream of, because too many people who want to play the game, which has resulted in Square Enix being forced to restrict newcomers and various features at various levels in the past year. Fortunately, Square Enix is planning to bring a number of new data centers and worlds online in the next few months, which should assist with the situation.
With the launch of Final Fantasy XIV ver. 6.18, European players may expect four new continents with each data center, with each center going from six to eight worlds. Japan is getting a new data center in July, but there are no new worlds, as Square Enix had previously overloaded their Japanese data centers.
The four new worlds that are being added for European players are listed.
The Chaos Data Center: New Worlds
Data Center for New Worlds in the Light
Square Enix is offering some incentives to either start a new character on these new worlds, or migrate your existing character to them. Get the rundown below.
After the first transaction, bonus points were awarded to new characters.
- Double EXP bonus (until level 80 is reached)
- Gift of 10 silver chocobo feathers, exchangeable for low-mid level gear to improve the leveling experience
- Bonuses for characters created during bonus period that attain level 30 in any class
- Gift of 1,000,000 gil
- Gift of 15 days of free play time
Bonuses for transferring to a New World
- Home World Transfer Service is free of charge
- Double EXP bonus (until level 80 is reached) (valid for 90 days following transfer)
- Gift of 10 gold chocobo feathers, exchangeable for special rewards such as rare mounts
- Owners of private estates/apartments are entitled to a certain amount of compensation in gil
Final Fantasy XIV will also introduce the long-awaited Data Center Travel System, which will allow you to travel other countries on a temporary basis to travel with friends.
Final Fantasy XIV is now available on PC, PS4, and PS5. Update 6.18 and the new European worlds will be launched on July 5. Square Enix plans to build a new North American data center in August of this year and an additional European center in the summer of 2023.