Right now, many of the raids happening feature species that appear in the upcoming expansion based on the game that will be released on July 1st. This includes Mega Charizard X in Mega Raids. With this Raid Guide, you may prepare a team to take on Mega Charizard X and develop your catch strategy.
Top Mega Charizard X Counters
Pokebattler, which measures all possible Pokemon combinations and moves, lists the top 10 Mega Charizard X counters as such:
- Shadow Salamence (Dragon Tail, Outrage)
- Shadow Dragonite (Dragon Tail, Outrage)
- Mega Latios (Dragon Breath, Dragon Claw)
- Mega Aerodactyl (Rock Throw, Rock Slide)
- Mega Latias (Dragon Breath, Outrage)
- Rayquaza (Dragon Tail, Outrage)
- Salamence (Dragon Tail, Outrage)
- Palkia (Dragon Tail, Draco Meteor)
- Shadow Tyranitar (Smack Down, Stone Edge)
- Zekrom (Dragon Breath, Outrage)
Even the most experienced players will be able to power up your counters as often as possible, but putting that amount of strong Shadow Pokemon on their unlocks is a high order. Here are ten additional non-Shadow and non-Mega counters that can help take down Mega Charizard X with ease.
- Rampardos (Smack Down, Rock Slide)
- Garchomp (Dragon Tail, Outrage)
- Reshiram (Dragon Breath, Draco Meteor)
- Rhyperior (Smack Down, Rock Wrecker)
- Haxorus (Dragon Tail, Dragon Claw)
- Dragonite (Dragon Tail, Outrage)
- Dialga (Dragon Breath, Draco Meteor)
- Latios (Dragon Breath, Dragon Claw)
- Terrakion (Smack Down, Rock Slide)
- Groudon (Dragon Tail, Earthquake)
How Many Trainers Are Needed?
Mega Charizard X used to employ more trainers to bring it down, but now that the Mega Raids have been reduced to Tier Four, it will only take two trainers minimum to take it down. If you cannot guarantee the top counters with a maxed-out CP and the best moves, your best bet is to make sure you have three or more players.
Along with Golden Razz Berries, acquiring great or excellent throws is the best way to get Pokemon. However, since Charizard is an evolved form, I''d suggest throwing Pinap Berries for the first few tosses to see if you can earn extra Charmander Candy.
Shiny Odds & 100% IVs
The Shiny rate for Mega-capable Pokemon is around one in 60.
All day well done raiding, ladies trainers!
Have you enjoyed this? Please share your thoughts on social media!