Want to know which weapon in V Rising is best? The new vampiric survival game from Stunlock uses a slightly different approach to weapon classes. In V Rising, every weapon gives you as much attack damage as every other weapon, which creates a very level playing field.
Devs have to be wary of a meta but they can''t stop it. Below we''ll outline the best weapons to use in V Rising. We''ll also explain each of the weapons''s specificities and skills, so you''ll gain a more complete understanding of the pros and cons of each of the blood-seeking exercises in your armoury.
Best weapons in V Rising
In V Rising, there are seven different weapons, one being melee and one ranged. Each weapon type has access to a basic attack, and two abilities that match that level of weapon.
All weapon types within a "tier" (e.g. bone weapons, or bronze weapons) will provide you the same basic boost to your physical power. This means that all weapons are viable to take into any fight. However, due to the speed, combos, and capabilities offered by the various weapons types, some weapons are generally a bit more effective than others.
Here''s how to get the best weapons in V Rising in our tier list.
Due to its superior damage-per-second and its powerful Shockwave attack, the Spear is unable to utilize any such mobility tool, but it''s never surpassed at reducing single targets.
The Axes, Mace, and Reaper are all similar attacks that are able to achieve great damage per hit, although they don''t quite match the strength of the faster-acting weapons.
The Slasher, which is a fun weapon type to use mainly due to its Camouflage skill, but its damage potential can''t match the other melee weapons. And the Crossbow, which is evidently useful for staying at range, but otherwise has two rather modest abilities that don''t give it the best chance of equaling the power of other weapons.
V Rising weapon skills list
Different weapon types in V Rising have access to different unique weapon skills. The lowest tier of the basic weapon types (Sword, Axes, Mace, Spear, and Crossbow) only have access to a basic attack, but these higher tier versions of these weapons will gain additional damage-dealing skills. Below we''ll walk you through the various weapons types.
- Attack Combo: 35% / 35% / 40%
- Whirlwind: Spin around and slice nearby enemies dealing 35% physical damage every 0.25s for 1.1s (8s cooldown).
- Shockwave: Send forth a shockwave dealing 70% physical damage and launching the enemy hit into the air for 1.6s. Recast the ability to teleport to the target striking it three times, each strike dealing 25% physical damage (8s cooldown).
- Speciality: Vegetation
The Sword is a great all-rounder, and its high attack speed makes it ideal for buildations that focus on critical strikes. The Whirlwind skill is a bit lacking, but the Shockwave is a powerful movement skill that can assist you avoid strong attacks while your dash is on cooldown, while also causing significant damage to a target enemy.
- Attack Combo: 40% / 40% / 50%
- A Thousand Spears: Perform a multi-stab attack, dealing 30% physical damage 8 times. Recast during the effect to perform a thrust attack dealing 50% physical damage and knocking enemies back (8s cooldown)
- Harpoon: Throw a spear that deals 70% physical damage and pulls the enemy towards you (8s cooldown).
- Speciality: Creatures
The spear does not have a large arcing hitbox. Instead, the attacks are thrusts which can easily penetrate through enemies standing in a line. It''s a fast-attacking tool that is great for quick scaling down a single enemy with its Thousand Spears skill, as well as for hunting down enemies with the Harpoon skill.
- Attack Combo: 45% / 45% / 55%
- Frenzy: Dash forward and strike the first enemy dealing 100% physical damage. Enter a state of frenzy that increases your movement speed by 25% and increases attack speed by 30% for 0.8s on a successful hit (8s cooldown).
- X-Strike: Throw two axes in the shape of an X. Each hit deals 85% physical damage and slows the enemy for 1.5s. Hitting an enemy where both axes intersect inflicts a 2s incapacitate (8s cooldown).
- Speciality: Wood
Axes act as a mid-point between the Sword and the Mace, posing a reasonable damage and a reasonable attack rate. Its capabilities are very powerful, with the Frenzy offering an additional dash and an attack speed boost for a brief time, and the X-Strike providing you with a brief offensive encounter.
- Attack Combo: 50% / 50% / 60%
- Crushing Blow: Vault towards the cursor and slam your mace into the ground dealing 110% physical damage and inflicting a 2s fading snare (8s cooldown).
- Smack: Smack enemies in front of you dealing 50% physical damage, knocking them back and incapacitating them for 1.2s (9s cooldown).
- Speciality: Mining
In V Rising, the Mace hits harder than any other weapon. It''s slow, but the damage per hit is quite impressive. The Crushing Blow skill is a great gap-closer that deals large AoE damage, while the Smack does the opposite, putting distance between yourself and an adversary.
- Attack Combo: 50% / 50% / 55%
- Tendon Swing: Swing your reaper dealing 125% physical damage to nearby enemies, knocking them back and inflicting a 2s fading snare (8s cooldown).
- Howling Reaper: Throw a howling reaper that spins in place dealing 20% physical damage every 0.25s for 2.5s. The initial projectile hit slows enemies for 1.5s (8s cooldown).
- Speciality: None
The Reaper is another hard-hitting but slow-to-use melee weapon. It lacks the Mace''s gap-closing ability, but Tendon Swing provides a staggering 125% physical damage with a single attack, which immediately makes the Reaper a lot stronger than it appears. In my experience, I prefer the Howling Reaper''s skill.
- Attack Combo: 27.5% / 27.5% / 35%
- Elusive Strike: Dash back and forth slashing at your enemies dealing 60% physical damage and inflicting a 2s slow on each hit (8s cooldown).
- Camouflage: Enter a state of camouflage, increasing movement speed by 25% for 6s. Your next primary attack deals 80% physical damage and incapacitates the enemy for 3s. Using any skill breaks camouflage (10s cooldown).
- Speciality: None
The Slasher is a quick weapon that reduces damage per attack but gives you a lot of benefit with its two skills. Elusive Strike is great for dealing damage while dealing damage, while Camouflage is an excellent skill to use in any situation, particularly for those who enjoy sneaking up on their enemies.
- Attack Combo: 110%
- Rain Of Bolts: Fire a salvo of 5 bolts into the air that rains down on your enemies dealing 40% physical damage each in an area and inflicts a 1.5s fading snare (8s cooldown).
- Snapshot: Fire a quick bolt that deals 75% damage, interrupts casts and inflicts a 2s fading snare (8s cooldown).
- Speciality: None
The Crossbow gives you a dedicated ranged weapon that fires powerful bolts at a relatively slow rate. There''s no attack combo here, but a solid old-fashioned shoot-reload-shoot mechanic. Snapshot''s interrupt effect is situationally beneficial against powerful enemies (and in PvP), while Rain Of Bolts deals quite mediocre damage over a wide area.
V Rising weapon damage
With a three-hit combo, all weapons in V Rising are dealing damage. Each attack in the combo is credited with a certain percentage of your physical force as damage, and each weapon type is a slightly different attack speed from the others.
The damage profiles of each weapon type are shown below, including the attack combo damage, the amount of time it takes to complete a combo, and the average damage per second.
|Weapon||Combo||Attack speed (per combo)||DPS|
|Sword||35% / 35% / 40%||1.39s||79.14%|
|Spear||40% / 40% / 50%||1.68s||77.38%|
|Axes||45% / 45% / 55%||2.03s||71.43%|
|Mace||50% / 50% / 60%||2.42s||66.12%|
|Reaper||50% / 50% / 55%||2.42s||64.05%|
|Slasher||27.5% / 27.5% / 35%||1.57s||57.32%|
This is how this V Rising weapons guide will come to an end. If you''re interested in unlocking the next tier of weapons, here''s a list of V Rising boss locations, because losing these managers is the way you unlock new recipes. You can also browse our V Rising tips and tricks to learn more.