The God of War Ragnarok will include a wide spectrum of accessibility options, which should be beneficial to individuals with specific disabilities as well as a larger audience. For example, almost everybody should be happy to hear that youll be able to remove the annoying little text from the 2018 God of War. There is also the option to completely revamp your controls, which is also an excellent option. Below, you may see a list of all accessibility options.
The PC feature for God of War (2018) has been added to God of War Ragnarok.
- Sprint Auto Sprint: You will sprint while the stick is held and stop when released. When Auto Sprint is active, you can begin sprinting by pressing the move stick forward for a short period of time in one direction. The duration required to engage the Auto Sprint is configurable by you.
- Persistent Dot (Always on Reticle): If you need additional focal points to reduce motion sickness, or just want a persistent reminder of the center of the screen, we offer the ability to turn on a center dot in three different sizes and seven different colors.
- Aim Style: You can choose to use either hold or toggle on/off the aim stance.
- Block Style: You can choose to use either hold or toggle on/off the shield stance.
Text Size / Icon Size
While playing from a couch, the highly requested feature from God of War (2018) is back to normal and more practical, so we listened. With a fully re-engineered and responsive UI, a higher minimum text size that can significantly scale significantly, reading on-screen text is easier than ever. We also have two examples to show of the game''s regular text and "XXL" size text, below.
Improvements in subtitles and caption
- Subtitle and Caption Size: We have increased our minimum text size and added new scaling. This includes an extra-large text size to make subtitles and captions more readable. We have also dedicated a larger text area to match TV and movie subtitle standards.
- Subtitle and Caption Colors: You can adjust the colors of speaker names, subtitle body, and captions individually. You will be able choose between seven different colors.
- Speaker Names (Retained options from 2018): As in God of War (2018), you can show or hide speaker names. You can set this size independent from the UI text size.
- Captions: With expanded sound effects captions, weve added several new ways to understand in-game sound. Weve added captions to both cinematics and gameplay to provide a rich understanding of the soundscape of the world. You can also enable captions for critical gameplay information to assist with puzzles and narrative understanding.
- Subtitle and Caption Background Blur: Weve included options to allow for blurring the background behind subtitles and captions to make them more readable over complex scenes.
- Subtitle Background (Retained options from 2018): In addition to blur, weve included options to darken the background behind subtitles for better readability on snow. High contrast backing includes multiple opacity settings for you to select from.
- Direction Indicator: Critical gameplay sounds now have an optional direction indicator which shows the direction a sound is coming from. To assist with puzzles that have sound cues, this indicator will help you orient towards the source of an important sound.
In God of War Ragnarok, we have rebuilt our controller remapping system, which allows you to customize your button configurations. Each button may be divided, and you may select other tricky actions from a preset list. We also offer several customization options for Spartan Rage, Navigation Assist, and Quick Turn.
High Contrast Mode
In this mode, you may apply a color to objects in-game, such as targets, enemies, and other items. Additionally, when active, this will apply a color layer to characters that will increase the contrast. Traversal paint, loot items, and special effects can also be improved.
This camera navigation system, which is primarily designed for combat missions, allows you to orient your view towards your next story goal. When you are not in combat, you can press the Navigation Assist button to orient your eyes in the direction of the next story goal.
Gap jumping, vaulting, mantling, and other traversal abilities can be now automated based on the direction you press.
Adds interaction-based moves like climbs, crawls, and squeeze-through.
So, when you use this feature, you can see when an interact icon is nearby, and when the button prompt becomes active.
Again, it appears like Sony is doing everything well on this topic once more. Not everybody is going to be able to do all of this, but it''s nice to see Sony putting their deep pockets to the test.
In 2022, God of War Ragnarok will be able to release PS4 and PS5.