I suspect that the technical update was not quite practical, but it has a new feature that will allow Battlestate Games to combat real money trading (RMT). Beginning from today, Escape From Tarkov will not be helpful to those who are doing real money trading, as their items never discovered in-raid will be deleted after being dropped. Something that has started turbulence in the community.
This is a violation of ThatFriendlyGuy, an escape from Tarkov streamer, who will not be able to do his work from today on, as hell, have to alter to new content and seek new ways to entertain its fan base. I might have no opinion in this, but if youre the developer, you certainly want to save the game, no matter how many individuals are affected by this decision.
There are likely to be a slew of issues involving this RMT decision, but I''m more than confident that those who play the game as intended will certainly cheer on this move by Battlestate Games.
How is Battlestate Games combating RMT?
How will Battlestate Games stop real money trading? Basically, players will no longer be permitted to sell items that are not found during a raid and are often very expensive to buy. Unlike other black markets, hackers and others who have committed to earning this way are evidently earning big bucks by selling items that have no FIR property and can be removed directly from the stash. Only then, you will realize how much money people are making.
Below is the complete description of the new feature that prevents dropping items that are not found in the raid, as previously reported in the official forums of Escape From Tarkovs.
List of improvements
- Scavs, Raiders and Rogues are no longer aggressive to Player Scavs if they kill a PMC;
- Fixed possible breach of rain animations inside buildings on Customs, Reserve, Shoreline and Lighthouse;
- Fixed one of the possible reasons of missing of visual and sound effects of grenades explosions;
- Fixed the behavior of Raiders when one of them is killed by a Player;
- Fixed the Reshalas logic of medicine usage;
- Fixed the reaction of bots to smoke grenades;
- Fixed the incorrect display of adjustable magnification while using Schmidt & Bender PM II 3-1250;
- Fixed unnatural hand position during the animation of reloading of MP-443 Grach;
- Scavs, Raiders and Rogues will no longer take positions close to players when engaging them;
- Fixed animations freezes of Character in loading into the raid screen, on the Character page, in the Ragmans
- Service tab and the statistics page after the raid when Chiappa Rhino is equipped;
- Fixed the significant damage reduction when shooting through Terragroup tarps.
In order to avoid raids, some specific items will receive a new property in an attempt to discard these items in a raid, but they will be destroyed. In other words, if you take the specific items (from the list below) to the raid in advance and try to give them to other players, then they will be destroyed. This change is intended to combat RMT and boosting. When attempting to remove a restricted item, a warning dialog box will appear.
If there are items that do not have their original name, they will be destroyed.
- Player tries to discard it from their inventory and ignores the warning
- Player places it in their backpack, pockets, or chest rig, and gets killed by another player or tries to drop any container/backpack/chest rig containing this limited item
- If a player dies, the limited items in their secure container will not be destroyed
This effect will be applied to the following items:
- All barter items (with some permissions below)
- Keys and Keycards
- Specific armbands
- Info items
- Specific melee weapons (UVSR Taiga-1 survival machete, Red Rebel ice pick, Miller Bros. Blades M-2 Tactical Sword, Kiba Arms Tactical Tomahawk)
Items that may be discarded in a limited quantity:
- Roubles 20 000
- Golden neck chain 3 pcs
- Gunpowder Kite 3 pcs
- Toolset 2 pcs
- Roler Submariner gold wrist watch 1 pc
- Paracord 1 pc
- Silicone tube 1 pc
- Injectors 1 pc each type