College football matches are back, and fans are doing everything they can to see every game. While other sports may be the national pastime, college football is a truly American passion. (If only because we''re the only country that plays American football.) Millions of fans are tuned into the broadcast, to watch college football teams compete for glory and a victory at a national championship.
These days, you don''t have to pay outrageous monthly expenses only to get a piece of college football action. It''s time for a deep dive into how to get college football online.
College football live stream channels
College football has attracting huge crowds and huge ratings, and FBS football games are in high demand by TV channels that air sports. Most games are on Saturdays, but college football has expanded to include more Thursday night games and occasionally special game days and times.
Here are some of the most commonly covered college football games.
- CBS Sports Network
- Paramount Plus
- ESPN Plus
- ESPN College Extra
- Fox College Sports Atlantic
- Fox College Sports Central
- Fox College Sports Pacific
- NFL Network
- ACC Network
- Big Ten Network
- Longhorn Network
- SEC Network
How to watch college football online
It may be difficult to select a suitable method to watch college football without cable television. Some services may be better based on the specific team or conference you root for. Below are some suggestions and breakdowns.
If you are a big fan of all of college football, we''d advise that Hulu, in its finest form, can stream most games without cable or satellite.
Hulu, the best college football streamer, has Live TV.
Hulu with Live TV, the streaming service for $69.99 per month, has also provided local content from all major colleges and universities. Additionally, Hulu with Live TV now has an expanded range of live stream college football games.
Hulu with Live TV has been chosen for the best college football live TV streaming service thanks to the combination of the wide coverage of college football channels, conference networks, and its reasonable price.
ESPN Plus is the best value college football live stream.
Some college football matches that won''t find their way to a major network are opting to broadcast exclusively via a streaming service. That''s where ESPN Plus comes in. It is the all-digital component of the iconic sports network, and it has nearly every weekend that you can''t get anywhere else.
It''s quite easy to sign up for a ESPN Plus subscription (opens in a new tab), then you can watch games on your phone, tablet, web browser, and, of course, on your television.
Check out this week''s slate of college football games on ESPN Plus.
Hulu with Live TV is the best for The Power Five Conferences.
The Power Five is a term used to describe five major college football conferences: the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and SEC. The Power Five conferences are usually the best conferences in the FBS, with the top teams from the Power Five regularly qualifying for the playoffs.
Hulu is the best way to watch all of the Power Five action on television.
- The cost: $69.99 a month after a one-week free trial
- Local channels on Hulu: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and others. Find your local channels here.
- Power Five football on Hulu: Yes, Hulu has almost everything you need for ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC football games
- Conference Networks on Hulu: Yes, Hulu has the ACC Network, Big Ten Network and SEC Network.
YouTube TV is the best for The Group of Five Conferences.
College football is more than just the Power Five conferences. The Group of Five referred to the AAC, Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West, and Sun Belt. While they may not be in the College Football Playoffs every year, teams in the Group of Five play with an intense intensity and the games are thrilling.
YouTube TV is the best way to watch the Group of Five conference college football.
- The cost: $65 a month after a free trial (opens in new tab)
- Local channels on YouTube TV: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here (opens in new tab).
- The Group of Five College Football on YouTube TV: Total coverage, including ABC, Fox, CBSSN, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, FS1, FS2 and the NFL Network.
More ways to see college football live stream
Fans are given more options to watch college football games streaming than they have ever imagined.
- FuboTV packages have a strong focus on sports, including carrying ESPN channels along with the likes of Fox Sports 1, NBC Sports and Stadium. If you live near an ACC or SEC school, you will even get those conference channels too. However, Fubo lacks ESPNU.
- DirecTV Stream includes many of the channels you would need for a full college football weekend, but most will require you to pick, at least, its premium plan
- Sling TV offers the lowest regular price among the live streaming services, but most college football fans will need to at least step up to the Orange + Blue plan. If you want ACC Network, Big Ten Network, Pac-12 Network, SEC Network and Longhorn Network with Sling TV (yeah, you do) that will require the Sports Extra add-on. Sports Extra for Orange includes ACC Network, Pac-12 Network, SEC Network and Longhorn Network, while Sports Extra for Blue includes the Big Ten Network and Pac-12 Network.
Listen to College Football live on SiriusXM
SiriusXM lets you listen to every play on the go (opens in new tab). The service has live play-by-play from the top college football games throughout the season.
Sirius XM has a dedicated channel for all of the major conferences, including the Power Five. These radio stations include discussion of games as well as conference-specific talk and analysis. Watch in your car or stream to your mobile device.