Konami dropped some awesome news at the Tokyo Game Show in 2022, which coincided with the release of both games. Both games included unique storytelling abilities and specific rules that might be implemented in many different genres afterward. It was also one of the first to make use of the PS1''s memory card between titles, as it might take your character from the first game and proceed with the adventure with them into the sequel. We do know it will be available on PC via Steam and all three major consoles. Enjoy the trailer below!
This is the first title in Konami''s iconic original RPG series based on the motif of Water Margin, which depicts the fate of those who bear the True Runes of the Scarlet Moon empire. Other features include the Home Base management, which strengthens your army''s power and bases, and Army Battles in which armies clash.
The second title in the series, which was first launched in 1998, is set three years after the first game, further transforming the game systems that were similar to the previous one, such as Rune magic, the 108 Stars of Destiny, home base management, and Army Battles, which was well received in the previous game. Three childhood friends, including the protagonist, are wowed by a terrible fate. The story, with its profound psychological portrayal, has brought many fans back to life.
Improvements in Graphical Art
- Pixel sprites and environment art enhanced with new screen effects including lighting, clouds, and shadow animations Flickering flames, smoldering smoke, the movement of leaves and insects, all add up to a lively in-game atmosphere!
- The effects and direction have been redesigned, bringing memorable scenes back to life in more beautiful ways!
New Character Drawings
- All character portraits have been updated in HD. Junko Kawano, who designed the characters for the original version of Suikoden released in 1995, has newly re-drawn all the character portraits for Suikoden I HD Remaster Gate Rune War.
- Field Sound A large number of environmental sounds not found in the original version, such as the sound of running water in the river, wind, insects, and running footsteps, have been added. You can enjoy an immersive experience like never before!
- Battle Sound All sound effects are now in HD. In addition to the impact of the 3D effects, the realistic sound greatly enhances the dynamism of the battles!
Improvements in the Game System
- Many new features have been added, such as dialogue log, auto-battle, double-speed battles, etc.
Have you enjoyed this? Please share your thoughts on social media!