Niantic, a Pokemon GO developer, is continuing to release promotional videos to showcase its games. Check them out below to learn more.
Shorts on Niantic YouTube:
- Step 1: ADD AR // Step 2: TURN UP THE HEAT
- Cartographers tell the stories of our society!
- Happy National Video Games Day! Can you solve these trivia questions?
- Defining AR: Semantic Segmentation
- Dive deep into the history of maps as we map the past, present & future.
- Sayonara, Seattle! Hello, Sapporo!
- Dont we all have a little Rager inside of us?
- Explorers come in all types.
- Niantic isnt just about gaming. Its about connection. Its about the journey of discovery.
- Welcome to our new series where we take a step back to look forward.
- Why We Create: Join The Conversation!
Niantic VPS on Lightship Summit
It helps us map out places that cars and satellites cannot get anywhere. This is what makes our 3D global map so unique. It''s built with the stories of tens of thousands of explorers. #LightshipSummit
Platform for Niantic Lightship | Global Launch
Watch the launch of the Lightship Platform on Earth. We open the vault of technology that powers Pokemon Go, Pikmin Bloom, and Ingress. The first set of Niantic Lightship ARDK tools are available at https://lightship.dev.
What''s in the toolkit? Everything you need to do with your own AR experience.
MAPPING: Create a dynamic, detailed 3D map of the environment Quickly create a mesh map of the user environment Permit virtual objects to interact naturally with the surfaces and topography around the user
UNDERSTANDING: Techniques to help you identify the real-world environment for adaptive AR: Semantic segmentation identifies objects in the environment, such as ground, sky, water, buildings, and others, making virtual objects more accessible and interactive.
SHARING: tools for multi-player AR gameplay: Support up to 5 players, concurrently Speedy networking Lightweight gaming functions like session-persistent storage