The quest for the Mirror Ball trophy starts this September on season 31. It''s a new era for the dance competition as the show develops from its long-term home on ABC to its new home on Disney Plus.
How to vote: This season the show will be broadcast live on both sides, with voting happening at the same time across the country. On Mondays, everyone will be able to vote per method (online or texting) per night. The night''s texting codes will be revealed when the voting window opens during live shows.
Judge Bruno Tonioli told an enthusiastic crowd of fans at D23 that he''s eager to have a commercial free season on Disney Plus. It''s unlikely that the model will last or conclude if the streamer switches to an ad-supported model, but it''s also a pleasure to see it nonetheless.
Each season, there will be a new cast of celebrities paired with experienced ballroom dancers who compete for the most award: the Mirror Ball trophy and bragging rights. During the last season, Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach came out.
Season 31 will be presented with all we know about it.
When #DWTS comes to @DisneyPlus,.@BrunoTonioli is so excited for all the chances that #DWTS come to @DisneyPlus! #D23Expo @DisneyDisneyDisneyPlus @DisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyDisneyD
Dancing with the Stars season 31 results
This is a snapshot of the scores, allowing you to keep an eye on who ranked on the top of the ranking and who went home every week.
Night 1 (September 19, compiled in order of performance)
- Jordin Sparks: Cha Cha 26/40
- Sam Champion: Foxtrot 20/40
- Heidi DAmelio: Cha Cha 24/40
- Daniel Durant: Tango 27/40
- Jesse James Decker: Cha Cha 20/40
- Teresa Giudice: Tango 20/40
- Wayne Brady: Cha Cha 29/40
- Cheryl Ladd: Cha Cha 21/40
- Vinny Guadagnino: Salsa 17/40
- Shangela: Salsa 28/40
- Trevor Donovan: Quickstep 21/40
- Gabby Windey: Jive 28/40
- Joseph Baena: Jive 23/40
- Jason Lewis: Cha Cha 18/40
- Selma Blair: Viennese Waltz 28/40
- Charli DAmelio: Cha Cha 32/40
- Bottom Two: Teresa and Pasha, Jason and Peta
- Eliminated: Jason Lewis and Peta Murgatroyd
With this savage Cha Cha,.@MarkBallas and @charlidamelio are going for THEE gold! #DWTS @DisneyPlus pic.twitter.com/BOiXypROWWSeptember 20, 2022
When will the Season 31 release date for the Dancing with the Stars?
Season 31 will air on Disney Plus on Monday, September 19, at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT.
There is no information on whether the series will be available in the United Kingdom at this time. Previously, the series has not been available in the United Kingdom, but that may change once the program has been moved to Disney Plus. We''ll keep you up to date as we learn more.
Catch the season premiere of #DWTS Monday at 8ET/5PT, streaming LIVE only on @DisneyPlus Sign up now to get 1 month of #DisneyPlus for only $1.99 via pic.twitter.com/X7riclcuSZSeptember 15, 2022
What is Season 31 of Dancing with the Stars?
The American version of Britain''s much-loved competition is now in its 31st season. Many international versions of this competition have popped up around the world.
Here''s the official Disney Plus synopsis of the reality dance competition:
The hit series starred Tyra Banks, an actor and television personality, and Alfonso Ribeiro, in which celebrities are joined with trained ballroom dancers to compete in themed choreographed dance performances judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli, and Derek Hough.
Who is in the cast of the Stars in Dancing and who is their partners?
Look at these gorgeous @CherylBurke. I am a lucky guy!! https://t.co/Y9GhQJ6942September 12, 2022
https://t.co/W8cbxCJLvCSeptember 12, 2022
With our meet the cast guide, you''ll have a look at the season 31 cast.
Here''s how you will see your cast in Season 31:
- Charli DAmelio: the TikTok star is partnered with Mark Ballas
- Heidi DAmelio: the host is partnered with Artem Chigvintsev
- Joseph Baena: the fitness model and son of Arnold Schwarzenegger is partnered with Daniella Karagach
- Selma Blair: the actress is partnered with Sasha Farber
- Wayne Brady: the host is partnered with Witney Carson
- Sam Champion: the contributor is partnered with Cheryl Burke
- Jessie James Decker: the country singer is partnered with Alan Bersten
- Trevor Donovan: actor is partnered with Emma Slater
- Daniel Durant: the actor is partnered with Britt Stewart
- Teresa Giudice: the star is partnered with Pasha Pashkov
- Vinny Guadagnino: The star is partnered with Koko Iwasaki
- Cheryl Ladd: The actress is partnered with Louis Van Amstel
- Jason Lewis: The actor is partnered with Peta Murgatroyd
- Shangela: the star is partnerned with Gleb Savchenko
- Jordin Sparks: the pop music star and winner is partnered with Brandon Armstrong
- Gabby Windey: star is partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy
The official cast announcement is available on Disney Plus''s Twitter page.
With this cast, Dancing with the Stars enters a whole new world! Get ready to see them shine in the season premiere of #DWTS, streaming live on September 19 only on #DisneyPlus! pic.twitter.com/LCUZL8UGMHSeptember 8, 2022
Season 31 brings back some very familiar faces with Mark Ballas, a two-time Mirrorball winner, and fan favorite Louis Van Amstel, according to many of you.
Ballas hasn''t been on the show since 2017, and he has won his first Mirrorball trophy with Kristi Yamaguchi, his partner and Olympic gold medalist in season 6 and again in season 8, with Shawn Johnson, another gold medalist.
Guess who''s baaack @MarkBallas #DWTS pic.twitter.com/OzTF41sckQSeptember 9, 2022
While Van Amstel did not win a Mirrorball during his ten seasons on the show, he had a slew of loyal fans who hoped hed win. In 2015, when he was joined with celebrity chef Paula Deen in season 21, he was never a fan of the show.
It''s the return of the OGs @LouisVanAmstel #DWTS pic.twitter.com/4d8YYExg7FSeptember 9, 2022
Who are the Season 31 Judges and hosts of Dancing with the Stars?
Though the show is moving from ABC to Disney Plus, it looks like everything else will remain the same, with the panel of judges and the hosts.
Derek Hough, the original judges, will play Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Bruno Tonioli returning for season 29. Hough was originally one of the professional dancers on the show. He was forced to travel due to COVID-19 restrictions and he became a regular fourth judge in season 30.
Tyra Banks () has returned as host and will be joined by Alfonso Ribeiro (, who was chosen as the show''s co-host earlier this summer.
Is there a trailer for Dancing with the Stars?
There is usually a video that accompanies the casting announcement. Post it here as soon as the trailer comes out.
How to watch Dancing with the Stars season 31
The new season of will be available exclusively on Disney Plus. There are a few options. Hulu and ESPN Plus may include the service as a standalone subscription, or it''s included as part of the Hulu with a live TV package.
Through one of the options below, you may add a Disney Plus subscription.
If the show becomes available to UK viewers, be sure to provide updates.