The Wordle answer for September 22nd and 2022 will come down in history as a canonized example of just how great word games can be.
The word in Puzzle 460 is most often related to biblical or religious contexts, but has also been extended into mainstream speech, so extensively that even the irreligious would not think twice about using it as an adjective.
As you get going, this isn''t too tough of a puzzle, with a nice core of vowels to build around and several common letters at the end of the word. However, the first letter has only appeared in this position once in the last 30 days, so its not a total cakewalk.
As always with Wordle, you still have to work hard to narrow down the possibilities from the whole alphabet of consonants, and not everyone uses the best starting words to get a lot of green or orange letters immediately.
Weve discussed hints from Wordle for the 22nd and 2022 year to give you a few clues. We have also updated our running list of recent solutions from across the last month to give you some inspiration if your task is difficult.
Clues and hints for Today''''s Wordle Answer
Wordle gives no prizes to martyrs. If you exhaust all of your six guesses and strike out, no one benefits - least of all you. It''s important then to take the best advantage of the program and ask for a little assistance if and when you need it.
Right now, that aid comes in the form of these Wordle suggestions, which will hopefully give you a boost in the right direction!
Puzzle 460''s key concepts are:
- The answer contains two different vowels in the second and third position
- The first and last letter are next to each other in the alphabet
- The last four letters spell out a colloquial way of saying I am not
- This title was famously given to Michael, Joseph, Francis and Joan
In Wordle, there''s a huge amount of possibilities to choose from, and why not try one thats never used once. Although similar letters, prefixes, and suffixes come up more often than you would expect. So if you are considering discovering a problem to make a mistake or eliminate a particular letter, this list of recent solutions might be helpful.
- #429 - Merit - August 22
- #430 - Woven - August 23
- #431 - Needy - August 24
- #432 - Clown - August 25
- #433 - Irony - August 26
- #434 - Ruder - August 27
- #435 - Gauze - August 28
- #436 - Chief - August 29
- #437 - Onset - August 30
- #438 - Prize - August 31
- #439 - Fungi - September 1
- #440 - Charm - September 2
- #441 - Gully - September 3
- #442 - Inter - September 4
- #443 - Whoop - September 5
- #444 - Taunt - September 6
- #445 - Leery - September 7
- #446 - Class - September 8
- #447 - Theme - September 9
- #448 - Lofty - September 10
- #449 - Tibia - September 11
- #450 - Booze - September 12
- #451 - Alpha - September 13
- #452 - Thyme - September 14
- #453 - Doubt - September 15
- #454 - Parer - September 16
- #455 - Chute - September 17
- #456 - Stick - September 18
- #457 - Trice - September 19
- #458 - Alike - September 20
- #459 - Recap - September 21
Todays Wordle Answer September 22nd
Today, the Wordle answer is a saint.
Given its biblical references, it might not come as a surprise that the Latin word sanctus had its roots in the form of holy or consecrated.
By the late Latin period, it was already being used as a noun to denote a saint or saint, and this use spreads into Old French as seinte.
In the 1200s, Saint ascended from French into Middle English, renaming or influencing a similar Old English word sanct, which had also originated from the same Latin root.
Consider these seven Wordle alternatives for your next challenge!