The Power Shot is a new FIFA 23 skill that combines both power and accuracy when shooting at a cost of time, and it also requires more input precision.
There are even a few moments in FUT that require you to perform one, like the ''Power Shots'' and ''First Professional Contract,'' so here''s how to do a Power Shot in FIFA 23 in detail, as well as some tips to make the most of it.
For your other FUT needs, here''s a list of links to how the new Chemistry system works, Squad Battles, FUT Coins, and the best FUT starter teams.
On this page, see the following links.
How to do a Power Shot in FIFA 23
In FIFA 23, anyone can do a Power Shot, but you''ll have a quicker time scoring with the new skill if a player has excellent Shot Power, Finishing, Long Shot, and Composure Attributes.
If the Power Shot is taken inside the box, the Finishing Attribute will help, with the Long Shots Attribute''s helping with shooting outside the box.
You''ll need to know how to begin the new move with that important information out there!
To Power Shot in FIFA 23 on PlayStation, the first thing you need to do is hold L1 + R1 + Circle at the same time. The longer you hold Circle, the harder the player will hit the ball. If you are playing with an Xbox controller, then you should pres LB + RB + B instead.
When the camera starts to zoom in on the player you are controlling, you''ll know you''ve successfully started a Power Shot.
This new skill is great for adding force behind a shot, but you will need to be very precise with where you''re positioning the left thumbstick, and how hard you''re hitting the ball. We''ve got a few tips for power shooting in FIFA below.
Power Shot tips and tricks for FIFA 23
We''ve got some suggestions to assist you score with Power Shots more often:
- To cancel a Power Shot, press the pass or through ball button instead to get the ball to a teammate if you think the shot might go wide or get blocked by a defender.
- Make sure you''''re only attempting a Power Shot (if you''''re trying to score) while you have a good amount of space around the player you''''re controlling. It might only take a second or two longer than a normal shot, but that time is precious when trying to shoot, and defenders will become more aggressive toward the player taking a Power Shot, lowering your chance of a clear line of site to the goal.
- Because defenders are drawn to those attempting a Power Shot, you can actually lure them toward a player, then cancel the shot and pass to another teammate and create an even better chance to score. We recommend using a through ball near the box to cancel the Power Shot and set up another teammate to score if using this method.
- You can still do timed shots while performing a Power Shot! Before a player kicks the ball after the Power Shot animation, press the button to shoot again and a the icon above a player will flash green if you''''re successful. Just keep in mind that it''''s a lot harder to nail a timed shot this way, and could take you some time to perfect.
- You can time a Power Shot if the ball has been chipped or lobbed your way (even from a free kick) so that when you let go of the shoot button when the ball reaches them, the player will take a Power Shot immediately. This means the animation is performed before you have the ball, speeding up the Power Shot process.
- As the Power Shot has taken over the input for low driven shots, you''''ll have to hold the shoot button down like normal and then charge it up to around 20 to 30% in order to perform a low driven shot in FIFA 23.
In FIFA 23, you can have fun playing with those Power Shots!