The hunt for the Mirror Ball trophy starts this September on season 31. It''s a fresh start for the dance competition as the show returns to ABC''s long-time home on Disney Plus.
How to vote: This season the show will be broadcast live on both coasts, with voting occurring in the country at the same time.Fans will be able to vote here (opens in a new tab) during the live shows on Mondays as soon as the show opens. Every fan will have 10 chances to vote per method (online or texting) per night. The night''s texting codes will be revealed when the voting window opens during live performances.
Judge Bruno Tonioli told an enthusiastic crowd at D23 that he''s planning a commercial free season on Disney Plus. It''s unlikely that the model will last or close when the streamer switches to an ad-supported model, but it''s still fun to see it.
Each season, a new cast of celebrities stars paired with seasoned ballroom dancers who compete for the top prize: the coveted Mirror Ball trophy and bragging rights. Last season, I had a close match. Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach both won season 31.
Season 31: Here''s what we know.
Dancing with the Stars season 31 results
Here''s a look at the scores, so you can keep an eye on who ranked in the top half of the ranking and who went home every week.
Prepare for James Bond Night! Competition for 007 is getting slammed and not stuttering with 007. Stay tuned for live results after the show!
Week 2 (September 26, list in order of performance)
Daniella Karagach, Joseph Baena''s partner, tested positive for COVID-19 overnight and was replaced by troupe dancer Alexis Warr.
Teresa and Pasha walked out once more while Bruno and Derek rejected Cheryl and Louis'' tango, although they were ambitious, and ended up with the lowest score of the night. This was partly because it was Cheryl and Louis'' last week that Cheryl and Louis needed to push for more to get them in the bottom two.
Len ended up voted for Cheryl and Louis in the final vote.
- Jesse James Decker: Foxtrot 25/40
- Jordin Sparks: Quickstep 27/40
- Sam Champion: Viennese Waltz 26/40
- Shangela: Quickstep 28/40
- Teresa Giudice: Jive 23/40
- Daniel Durant: Jive 29/40
- Gabby Windey: Viennese Waltz 32/40
- Vinny Guadagnino: Quickstep 27/40
- Charli DAmelio: Quickstep 32/40
- Selma Blair: Jive 28/40
- Cheryl Ladd: Tango 21/40
- Joseph Baena: Viennese Waltz 24/40
- Heidi DAmelio: Foxtrot 28/40
- Trevor Donovan: Rumba 30/40
- Wayne Brady: Jive 32/40
- Bottom Two: Teresa and Pasha, Cheryl and Louis
- Eliminated: Teresa and Pasha
Week 1 (September 19, listed in order of performance)
- Jordin Sparks: Cha Cha 26/40
- Sam Champion: Foxtrot 20/40
- Heidi DAmelio: Cha Cha 24/40
- Daniel Durant: Tango 27/40
- Jesse James Decker: Cha Cha 20/40
- Teresa Giudice: Tango 20/40
- Wayne Brady: Cha Cha 29/40
- Cheryl Ladd: Cha Cha 21/40
- Vinny Guadagnino: Salsa 17/40
- Shangela: Salsa 28/40
- Trevor Donovan: Quickstep 21/40
- Gabby Windey: Jive 28/40
- Joseph Baena: Jive 23/40
- Jason Lewis: Cha Cha 18/40
- Selma Blair: Viennese Waltz 28/40
- Charli DAmelio: Cha Cha 32/40
- Bottom Two: Teresa and Pasha, Jason and Peta
- Eliminated: Jason Lewis and Peta Murgatroyd
With this savage Cha Cha,.@MarkBallas and @charlidamelio are going for THEE gold! #DWTS @DisneyPlus pic.twitter.com/BOiXypROWWSeptember 20, 2022
When will the season 31 of the Dancing with the Stars premiere date?
Season 31 premieres on Disney Plus on Monday, September 19, at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT.
There is currently no information about whether the series will be available in the United Kingdom. Previously, the series has not been available in the United Kingdom, but that could be changed now that the show has been moved to Disney Plus. We hope you keep an eye on the facts.
Catch the season premiere of #DWTS Monday at 8ET/5PT, streaming LIVE only on @DisneyPlus Sign up now to get 1 month of #DisneyPlus for only $1.99 via pic.twitter.com/X7riclcuSZSeptember 15, 2022
What is Season 31 of Dancing with the Stars?
The American version of Britain''s much-loved competition is now in its 31st season. Over the past few years, international versions of the competition have appeared in the United States.
Here''s the official Disney Plus synopsis of the reality dance competition:
The hit series by Supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks and actor and television personality Alfonso Ribeiro is divided into two categories: celebrities and gifted ballroom dancers to compete in themed choreographed dance sessions judged by a panel of top ballroom experts, including Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli, and Derek Hough.
Who is the cast of the Dancing Stars, and who is their partner?
Look at @CherylBurke. I am a lucky guy!! https://t.co/Y9GhQJ6942September 12, 2022
https://t.co/W8cbxCJLvCSeptember 12, 2022
With our meet the cast guide, get to know the cast of season 31.
Here''s how you can see your season 31 cast:
- Charli DAmelio: the TikTok star is partnered with Mark Ballas
- Heidi DAmelio: the host is partnered with Artem Chigvintsev
- Joseph Baena: the fitness model and son of Arnold Schwarzenegger is partnered with Daniella Karagach
- Selma Blair: the actress is partnered with Sasha Farber
- Wayne Brady: the host is partnered with Witney Carson
- Sam Champion: the contributor is partnered with Cheryl Burke
- Jessie James Decker: the country singer is partnered with Alan Bersten
- Trevor Donovan: actor is partnered with Emma Slater
- Daniel Durant: the actor is partnered with Britt Stewart
- Teresa Giudice: the star is partnered with Pasha Pashkov
- Vinny Guadagnino: The star is partnered with Koko Iwasaki
- Cheryl Ladd: The actress is partnered with Louis Van Amstel
- Jason Lewis: The actor is partnered with Peta Murgatroyd
- Shangela: the star is partnerned with Gleb Savchenko
- Jordin Sparks: the pop music star and winner is partnered with Brandon Armstrong
- Gabby Windey: star is partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy
Check out the official cast announcement on Disney Plus''s Twitter page.
With this cast, Dancing with the Stars enters a whole new world! Join this team for the #DWTS season premiere, which will be streamed live on September 19! pic.twitter.com/LCUZL8UGMHSeptember 8, 2022
Season 31 features the return of some very familiar faces with Mark Ballas, a two-time Mirrorball winner, and his fan favorite Louis Van Amstel.
Ballas hasn''t been on the show since 2017. He took his first Mirrorball trophy with Kristi Yamaguchi, his partner and Olympic gold medalist in season 6 and again in season 8, along with Shawn Johnson, another gold medalist.
Guess who''s baaack @MarkBallas #DWTS pic.twitter.com/OzTF41sckQSeptember 9, 2022
While Van Amstel never won a Mirrorball during his ten seasons on the show, he had a large band of loyal fans who believed he would achieve a victory. In 2015, when he was partnered with celebrity chef Paula Deen in season 21, he was also a fan of the show.
The OG''s return @LouisVanAmstel #DWTS pic.twitter.com/4d8YYExg7FSeptember 9, 2022
Who are season 31 judges and hosts of Dancing with the Stars?
Although the program is going from ABC to Disney Plus, it looks like everything else will remain the same, including the panel of judges and the show host.
Derek Hough, who was first one of the professional dancers on season 29, was unable to travel due to COVID-19 restrictions, and he became a regular fourth judge in season 30.
Tyra Banks () is joining Alfonso Ribeiro, the show''s co-host, on Wednesday afternoon (opens in a new tab).
Is there a trailer for Dancing with the Stars?
There''s usually a video that accompanies the casting announcement. As soon as the trailer comes, please post it here.
How to watch Dancing with the Stars season 31
The new season of will be available exclusively on Disney Plus. There are several options: You may add the service as a standalone subscription, you may combine it with Hulu and ESPN Plus, or it''s included as part of the Hulu with a live television package.
Using one of the options below, you may add a Disney Plus subscription.
If the show becomes available to UK viewers, be sure to provide updates.